TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
All Golf Memberships are issued subject to:
- The holder complying with and agreeing to abide by the Rules and Regulations of the Golf South Ayrshire Courses, including rules relating to booking and use of all Golf South Ayrshire facilities. The breach of any of these rules may result in the forfeiture your membership.
- The courses being reserved by the Council for any such event or competition as they may fix. The council also reserves the right to close a course for essential maintenance at any time.
- The Golf Member’s Card is not a valid ticket to play. All players must report to the Starter to be issued with a valid ticket for play on that day.
- Players clearly under the influence of alcohol will be asked to leave. Players arriving under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted on the courses.
- No unsupervised golf for children under eight years old.
- Foul and or abusive language will not be tolerated on the golf courses or in the clubhouses.
- Season ticket holders are expected to uphold the spirit of the game at all times.
A golf member’s card is not transferable and must be presented to the starter before play on all occasions.
GENERAL RULES APPLICABLE TO ALL COURSES
- Before play all players must report to the Starter to obtain a valid ticket for play
- All games must commence from the 1st tee.
- Each player must have a golf bag with a minimum of four clubs. One of which must be a putter.
- All trolleys must be kept off the tees, greens and putting surfaces at all times. Trolleys are not permitted in areas marked as GUR.
- Golf bags are permitted on the tees, however they must be kept off the greens and putting surfaces at all times.
- Four players is the maximum allowed for each match.
- Play will be under the rules of Golf as laid down by the R & A, Local Course rules and any instructions issued by the golf course Starters and Marshals.
- Single Players have no status on the golf course and must give way to 2, 3 and 4-ball matches at all times.
- Single Players must not play more than one ball unless there is a clear hole in front of and behind them, in any case single players must not play any more than 2 golf balls.
- No practising on courses.
- Golf greens must not be used as practice putting greens.
- Always wait until the players in front are out of range before play
- Switch mobile telephones off or onto silent when playing.
- Players failing to comply may be denied future use of South Ayrshire Council’s golf facilities.
We operate a relaxed dress code throughout our facilities; however we ask that all golfers were appropriate clothing for the sport/weather.
Football colours and the removal of t-shirts is not permitted at any time on the course or in a public area of the clubhouse.
Our clubhouse may be spike friendly, please check with the starter.
For your own safety, we recommend that appropriate golf shoes are worn whilst playing. Footwear should not damage the putting surface. Golf shoes are preferred although trainers are permitted.
BOOKING A TEE TIME
As a season ticket holder you can book a tee time up to 7 days in advance.
Bookings can be made 15 minutes prior to the first tee time in person or by phone. Online bookings can be made at the first tee time.
When booking in person or by phone you will need your membership card.
If booking online, you may need to register and additional booking rules may apply. Please check booking terms and conditions when you are booking a tee time.
Each season ticket holder may book one tee time per day.
There are season ticket protected times available daily. Any vacant season ticket time will be released to visitors 72hrs in advance.
ON THE DAY OF PLAY
Golfers are required to check in with the starter to receive a valid ticket for play. You must produce your membership card and ticket upon request.
Play is at the discretion of the starter.
Players must play at their allocated tee time. Failure to do so may result in being asked to leave the course or wait until their allocated slot is due.
If for any reason you are unable to make your tee time, please ensure that you cancel your tee time. This allows someone else to use it if you no longer intend to do so.
‘No shows’ are now being monitored. Abuse of the booking system may result in the suspension of your booking and/or playing rights.
South Ayrshire Council may suspend or remove the booking rights of individuals who do not adhere to the Terms and Conditions of Membership or General Rules applicable to all courses.
A lost membership card must be reported to the golf starter or the offices of Golf South Ayrshire immediately.
Golf South Ayrshire
Ayr Town Hall, 29 New Bridge Street, Ayr, KA7 1JX
Tel: 01292 616255
A charge of £5 will be applied to replace any lost or damaged cards.
All season ticket holders have golfer insurance to play on our courses. Golfers must report all incidents/accidents to the Starters Office immediately. Failure to do so may invalidate your claim and/or insurance.
SEASON TICKET PLAYING ENTITLEMENT
No restrictions on Darley, Fullarton, Seafield, Girvan, Dalmilling or Maybole.
3 x upgrades (per course Lochgreen & Belleisle) per annum.
Access to Leisure
No access to any course before 12 noon on Saturday and Sunday.
No Course Upgrades
Junior (All categories)
To play on Belleisle, Lochgreen or Darley courses, juniors must have a CONGU handicap.
Play is restricted to commence after 09:30 (unless playing in a recognised club competition)
Junior Guest Concession at 50% (under 18’s only)
GOLF SOUTH AYRSHIRE CONTACT DETAILS
Booking / Information
01292 616 255
Golf South Ayrshire
Ayr Town Hall, 5-9 High Street, Ayr, KA7 1LY
Tel: 01292 616255 Fax: 01292 617620